Author Topic: How far would you or have you traveled to buy a Moto Guzzi ?  (Read 520 times)

Meloman

• View Profile
    • Email
How far would you or have you traveled to buy a Moto Guzzi ?
« on: March 18, 2021, 10:08:19 PM »
Iím an avid motorcyclist for 60 years and have owned every major brand of motorcycle except Moto Guzzi. I am intrigued by the new V7 850. The problem is the nearest dealers are 6-8 hours away.
So Iím curious as to how far any of you out there are willing or already travel to your nearest dealer.
I can do my own servicing but if there was a warranty issue, 6-8 hours is a long way to go.

Carvermaster

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How far would you or have you traveled to buy a Moto Guzzi ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 07:51:35 AM »
I live in Albuquerque and purchased a V9 from the El Paso dealer, 260 miles away. Flew down, picked up the bike and rode it home. While there collecting my new bike, saw a new Stelvio on the floor and could not resist. bought that also, flew down again and drove it home.   

jshugart

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »
In 2004 I flew to Atlanta GA and the dealer was at a big convention and drove me to his Guzzi dealership in Columbus GA.  I rode my new California EV Touring back to Blacksburg, VA  517 miles.  He let me stay in his  RV and help myself to his liquor cabinet the night before while reading my new owners manual.  Now two weeks ago I rode my new V7 Special back home for 35 miles.
So there you go.
Jim

kellercycle1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 04:25:19 PM »
Had my 2020 V 7 111 Racer Tenth Anniversary shipped from  Extreme Powersports in Accident Maryland. I live in Bartlett TN Roughly 850 miles .Now onto the cool part .I have the prototype bike for. the Racer .It's got a good many miles as it went to the International shows. Preproduction bike number 0 of only 125 produced .So the Bike has in essence thousands of miles
so the bike went many miles to find me .
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 04:26:57 PM by kellercycle1 »

SSG Geezer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 02:44:39 PM »
I drove 3 hours each way (about 160 miles or so,) to Cadre Moto Guzzi in Cincinnati to buy my V-85TT Travel. And it was worth it!  Best dealership experience ever! It was more like talking to another motorcycle enthusiast who could get you what you wanted and then did!.   They delivered today and I am already in love!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()