Author Topic: Newbie buying question  (Read 102 times)

Kane

• View Profile
    • Email
Newbie buying question
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
Hello, I am new the forum. My first bike many moons ago was a Ď76 850 T. Unfortunately it is long gone, followed by some Triumphs, Yamaha, and HD. But I always felt akin to Guzzi and I have a soft spot in my heart for Moto Guzzi. I now have the opportunity to acquire another Guzzi from an acquaintance who sort of inherited it, though he is not a rider and the bike was sitting unridden for a while before he took it to a local mechanic to get it running. I have a concern that I think may be a potential red flag before I go to check it out:
The bike in question is a 2001 V11 Sport, 16K miles, he is asking $2900. He had new brakes, a front tire, and air filter installed. And also all new seals. This is what I am concerned about. Should a 2001 Guzzi V11 with 16k miles need new seals? I think that 16k may be too early for a bike to need a new set of seals, and I am wondering if this is a bad sign or indicative of something to be concerned about. The shop that worked on it was not a Guzzi shop, just a general motorcycle repair shop. Also, the bike probably sat unridden for a good while.
Are there any issues besides my concern about the seals that I should know about regarding this year/model? Anything a potential buyer should check for?
I appreciate any advice you can offer. As much I have loved Guzzis after my old 850T, itís been a while since I have dealt with one. I will say that my old 850T bike was completely reliable and bomb-proof for me.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 10:37:30 PM by Kane »