Author Topic: 2016 Eldorado Cylinder jug removal in frame?  (Read 2376 times)

Rodento

• View Profile
    • Email
2016 Eldorado Cylinder jug removal in frame?
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »
Greetings,

I have a 2016 Eldorado (32K miles) with an oil leak from the lower base gasket on the left cylinder. I am going to remove the head and check the torque on the stud nuts. If the torque is sat I am going to have to replace the gasket. After careful examination the procedure for jug removal looks like it can be done with the engine still in the frame. However, the shop manual shows the engine out of the frame for all pictures. Before I start ripping the old girl apart I want to make sure I can get it done as planned. Can the jug be removed while the engine is in the Frame? Has anyone done it?

RichP8

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2016 Eldorado Cylinder jug removal in frame?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »
Just saw your post here, after joining today.  I see you never got a response...there doesn’t appear to be a lot of traffic on this forum...but, just curious how you wound up handling the leak issue...did you have to take the engine out of the frame?  I just closed a deal on buying my first MG yesterday...a new 2016 El Dorado.  The dealer is happy to move it, so got it at a good price.  I was glad to read you had so many miles on yours...Hoping my is all I am thinking it will be.

Rich

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()