Author Topic: 2016 V7 Stornello  (Read 1833 times)

Avande

• View Profile
2016 V7 Stornello
« on: April 26, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
Hi, I'm new on this forum but hoping to be around for a long time.  I have been lusting over Moto Guzzi's since I started riding 10 years ago.  There was a local dealer here and I would go in, talk to the owner, sit on bike, but I never had the money to afford one.  Now that I am in the process of buying my 5th bike, I have decided that it will be a Moto Guzzi.  I rode the V9 and loved it, but then decided to ride a used 2016 V7 Stornello, it was awesome, loved the ride, loved the sound.  My concern is this, why would someone trade in a bike with only 1900kms?  I have read some negative issues people have had with the V7 II motor.  The local dealer, who I trusted, is now closed.  This dealer is a big multi line dealer and they have no records or info on this bike....should I be concerned?  What should I look for...I want to buy the bike, but something is holding me back.  Thanks for any help!  Aris
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:48:38 AM by Avande »

careyy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2016 V7 Stornello
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
Greetings Aris,
As the owner of a beautiful Stornello, which I love, I can think of a few reasons one might trade one in in such short order. First, the V7 motor, which has a glorious sound, wonderful character, and a pleasant vibe, just isn't all that powerful. The Ducati Scrambler and Triumph have more thrust, and the BMW and KTM in similar displacement walk right away. As a former Harley Sportster and BMW GS owner, the V7 mill is just right for me and my 52 year old reflexes. The Arrow exhuast likes to catch my right pant leg at the cuff and melt it, this has happened to me three times. I have now wrapped the area in question in asbestos, so far so good. The gauges are hard to read, there is a small font. There is no redline on the tach. Other than that, the bike is perfect, and truly wonderful to look at. I have added the crash bars, rear rack and sidestand to my bike. and a small GPS. I will be entering the Stornello into a motorcycle show here in Central Oregon in two weeks. The Guzzi is hardly a dirt bike, but better than my porky GS1200 was. I have always loved dual purpose bikes, I still have my 1973 Yamaha Enduro 175 and wish I still had my 1985 Yamaha XT350. The 750 Guzzi Stornello has wonderful handling, smooth quiet shaft drive, and perfect manners. I hope you had the chance to buy one! #454  :)