Author Topic: Help Me Make My Decision.  (Read 59833 times)

brooksie

• View Profile
Help Me Make My Decision.
« on: October 12, 2009, 05:30:32 AM »
Hello! I am currently looking at getting a sport touring bike. I currently have a Triumph Daytona 675 and a Ducati GT1000 and am considering a brand new 2008 Norge that will allow me to really but some long distance rides together. I am sold on the bike as far as features go, but would appreciate any feedback from Norge owners concerning likes/dislikes about the bike. One thing I am stuck on is the lack of dealers for Moto Guzzi here in the States and parts availability for the machine, even for basic maintenance items or accessories. Please fill me in on any pros/cons you may have. Thanks!

Rebel 715

• View Profile
Re: Help Me Make My Decision.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 05:21:52 AM »
The bike all in all is a great bike and is very satisfying to own and ride.  It has character in spades and the 1200 cc engine sounds like a Mustang GT which is pure ear candy!!!  As far as maintenance, it is pretty straightforward.  V twin, screw type valve adjustment, and all in all easy maintenance.  Parts can be an issue if you drop the bike and damage anything, but as far as basic oil filters and maintenance items there are a lot of substitutes for filters..... My bike is a 2007, so for mine I need to remove the fairing for maintenance since I don't have the rubber plug on the left side fairing like the 2008 and newer ones are easier to check the oil level....  Yes, the Norge does have some quirks, but I wouldn't want any other bike.

brooksie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »
Thanks for the input! I really like the bikes feel, as I haven't been able to test ride it. The video online really shows the bike in a great light, and the sound is outstanding. I'm not looking for a 130mph sport tourer, as that tends to be overkill to me. This bike seems to be a good cross of performance and style. Thanks again.

NYRider

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
Hi. Did you get the '08 Norge? It's a great bike. I just bought a 2012 Norge and I'm really happy with it so far. I also have a '95 BMW R1100 RSL for sale. I think that's a terrific bike as well. Great sport tourer. Let me know what you got and if you like it.

Kickstand

• I'll figure it out!
  • 09 Norge 1200
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 10:56:18 AM »
Hi, I have a 2009 Norge and i love it.  It is not currently behaving as it should but i should have it operating perfectly soon.  The bike is so much fun to ride, handles like a dream, lots of power, warm in winter and full of excellent features.  I also have  big Harley Ultra which is more suited to long distance touring but this Norge could do it too only one up.  I ride two up on my HD when my wife goes along.
Guzzi's are quirky and a little different than other machines. You will really enjoy having it to ride.
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()