Author Topic: I want a California 1400 Touring  (Read 4369 times)

Alex

• View Profile
    • Email
I want a California 1400 Touring
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:17 PM »
Hi guys,

Please don't say, go and buy one.  I love that bike but I have a few concerns.

First of all, I cannot take it for a ride.  There are two dealers here in Vancouver BC, I talked to one and he offered me to try a California Custom.  I started 5 years back with a Sportster 883, then move to a 1200.  But if I want to buy Harley Electra Glide the dealer is not gonna tell me well, try a Road King and think it's the same engine just a bit heavier and with more fairings.   Anybody has any idea what's the deal with this?

I talked to a California owner who tried (unsuccessfully) to sell his Touring Cali on Ebay and he said he bought it without trying it.  Also he had no regrets, even though a year latter was on Ebay.

I dealer about 100 miles from here has a one year used one, but still does not let you try it first.

I recognize that in fact the bike is cheaper here than in Italy, but still buying a 18k bike based on reviews is an expensive proposition, no?

Look, somone is selling one, my dream bike, brand new 940 miles, starting at 12.5K, on Ebay, here:      http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Moto-Guzzi-CALIFORNIA-1400-TOURING-/311153107592?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

I'll be curious what will be the end of it.

I can't believe it, I sent a message to a cousin I never met but lives in Italy to ask him how is that bike perceived there.

Does anybody have any explanation, why can't I try it and why nobody wants a used/like new one?

Thanks guys! 

Sorry for my rambling, I'm confused, disappointed, hopeful, I don't know.... :(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()