Author Topic: Newby (and with heated grips question)  (Read 3618 times)

bilkodog

• View Profile
    • Email
Newby (and with heated grips question)
« on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
Hi all, anewby here. Having got my first Guzzi in Aug (a 1200 Sport Corsa), I've been lurking for a bit but have finally dived in.

I'm an all weather rider (winter rides for pleasure, camping in N.West England this weekend, you get the picture), so I really want heated grips (been a while since I've had a bike without, and you get used to the warmth).

Before buying the bike I saw that MG did heated grips as an aftermarket option however, after buying a pair I then found out that MG don't provide a switch, so they're pretty useless with out and therefore went back.

I've since got myself a pair of R&G Hotgrips, tried to fit them yesterday only to find out that the Sport's twistgrip is a bit different to standard Jap bikes and therefore they won't fit. I've been to my local dealer and had a look at Oxford grips but they won't fit either.

Enough of my drivel, has anyone fitted heated grips to their 1200 Sport (or any other Guzzi with the same grips)?

Cheers

COOLERONTHECOASt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Newby (and with heated grips question)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »
Hi Mate

Yes, I've got heated grips on mine, but they are Oxford's.  They fit fine, why did you think they wouldn't?.  I had the same on my 1100 Breva so when I changed to the 1200 Sport I had the dealer fit some before I picked it up.  They are great and well worth the money IMHO.  How are you liking the bike overall?  I only got mine in November so you've had yours a fair bit longer, it would be interesting to hear your views.