Author Topic: Owner input on the Breva 1100  (Read 7898 times)

Neil

• View Profile
Owner input on the Breva 1100
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »
I'm considering buying a Breva 1100, but would like to hear from owners as to their likes and dislikes about that model, regarding performance, handling, fuel economy, model years to stay away from ( if such a thing exists), touring , etc.  Thanks in advance. 

COOLERONTHECOASt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Owner input on the Breva 1100
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
I had mine a relatively short time (around 3 months) it was an '05 plate model and I had no major issues with it whatsoever.  In that time I covered around 3000 miles mainly due to my 50 mile each way commute to work.   If I had to criticise the Breva, the main stand grounded too easily on corners (especially when carrying a pillion) despite tightening up the rear shock to it's maximum level and I thought it could do with a little more 'get up and go' in the 50 - 80 mph range, i.e. when accelerating past cars etc.  On the plus side, the seat I found very comfortable, the fuel consumption was good, the big fuel tank giving a 200 mile plus range between fill ups.  It depends what you are looking for of course, but on the whole I think the 1100 is a good all rounder.  Incidentally, I recently tried a Breva 1200 and it was a bit better in the power department but not a vast leap forward from the 1100, but the bike that made me part with my 1100 was the 1200 sport 4V.  The extra power I felt just made it spot on for me, it still allows me to use my existing luggage from my old bike, I've replaced the small headlamp cowl with a screen and fitted a stiffer spring on the rear shock.  I hope this helps :-)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:51:41 AM by COOLERONTHECOASt »