Author Topic: Your experience on the new V7 Classic  (Read 63521 times)

cybershelby

• View Profile
    • My Cyber World
    • Email
Your experience on the new V7 Classic
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »
15 OCt 2010

Hello,

Just want to get real owner views on the new V7 Classic.  I fell in love with this bike after seeing a review in AW (Autoweek) Magazine, and have watched the peckhammer review video countless times to hear the exhaust note and enjoy the details of this wonderful moto.   

I am a scooter guy (PGO G-Max 150 and Sym RV 250) that is thinking motorcycle... and I'm not interested in a sport bike or just another cruiser. 

So, please reply with your thoughts, initial reaction, long-term experience, reliability, likes, dislikes, and favorite aspects.

Thanx,
Blaine
The 'Nati 
Blaine
The 'Nati

cybershelby

• View Profile
    • My Cyber World
    • Email
Re: Your experience on the new V7 Classic
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 08:28:38 PM »
okay ... 2 months have passed ... 125+ have viewed the post ... but no responses.  
doesn't anyone actually own this bike?  responses please.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 07:10:07 PM by cybershelby »
Blaine
The 'Nati

Attackpug

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 05:45:30 PM »
I'm new to guzzi's   do you have a link  I will check it out

roofus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
There is not a lot of activity on this forum. I have a V7 Classic Cafe. It is a great bike. I have no real complaints other than the Metzler tires which don't handle very well (get Pirelli Sport Demons instead.)

Also the mirrors are too short, get bar ends  . . . way better vision and much better looking.

bandido

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »
Any recommends on bar end mirrors?

kf4ulo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »
I purchased the V7 Stone last July and have nothing but great things to say about the bike.  (I have only put 1,300 miles on the bike because I was rear ended on it three weeks after purchase and have just recovered enough to start riding again.)

Rode nothing but BMW twins for 42 years and for me to change brands was like changing religions.  But the bottom line is that BMW no longer offers a sub-1000 cc machine with shaft drive.  I realized that the V7 is virtually the same machine as my beloved R75/5.  The same weight, size, handling, and riding experience.  It makes me feel like I am 17 again!

I gave up an 1100 cc Beemer for the V7 and do not miss the extra power - it was more than I could really use.  Plus, the bigger bike wanted to cruise at 85 mph plus, and I don't need to go that fast anymore.

I love to tour and I believe the V& fits the bill.  If it gives me the BMW reliability then I think I have the bike that will last me till I get too old to throw a leg over.

Fastflyerdon

• Pilot Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 10:48:03 AM »
I agree, the litre or over litre bikes are becoming more powerful, faster, and more complicated than a motorcycle needs to be.  Simplicity has a lot going for it.
Only the fast survive

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()